Friday, April 20, 2007

A little catching up.

When Cameron flipped my truck over the hill, not only was he grounded for a month, I also pressed joy riding charges on him. Nothings been done yet other than a preliminary hearing where the judge explained to Cameron how important it is that he not get into anymore trouble at home or school before coming back for court. Cameron's been suspended from school twice since then and the court ordered an investigation on me. The guy from children's services came out and talked to us, asking a lot of nosy questions and then before he left he said he was putting in his report that there wasn't a problem in the home but rather at school. I'm thinking they'll tell me one thing and do another. It's one big mess and once again, this is what I get for asking for help.


On top of that mess I've been sick. Last week I spent two days in the hospital getting a blood transfusion, some platelets, potassium, and magnesium pumped into me. They said either I'm losing blood or my body has stopped making red blood cells.


 I couldn't rest. They were taking my vitals every 15 minutes through out the night and the nurse was chewing gum and popping it loudly. I asked for something to drink and didn't get anything until the next evening, even though the Doctor had me on a liquid diet. I was tired and frustrated and ended up signing myself out against the Dr's orders.


They could only use my right arm for the IV and to draw blood and my veins kept collapsing. My arm and hand are still sore and bruised. I went back to the Dr yesterday to get my results and to get more blood work. My blood pressure is low and my platelets are low, and the Dr said something was definitely going on, yet they don't want me back until next month? Makes a lot of sense! @@


 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

BEEN WONDERING HOW YOU WERE.....I DON'T BLAME YOU FOR LEAVING THAT HOSPITAL...GOOD GOSH...NOTHING TO DRINK????????? TAKE CARE,
LOVE YA,
CARLENE

Anonymous said...

Lahoma, you shouldn't have checked yourself out.  Insurance can refuse to pay the bill if you do that.  Besides, it is too dangerous.

The two most common tests they run when someone is losing blood are an EGD and a colonoscopy.  The EGD - they go down your stomach with a scope to see if you have any bleeding ulcers.  The colonoscopy, they are checking for colon cancer or ulcerations that would cause the bleeding.

Both tests require that you be on a liquid diet.  So, you see, there is a reason for that.  I wish you'd stayed so that they could finish checking you out.  Please go back if you are still feeling lousy.  Okay?????

Love,
Sheila

Anonymous said...

omg you must feel like shit with all this blood thing going on. I was severely anaemic years ago and was put in hospital for several days with exhaustion that goes with it. I was fine after a blood transfusion though. But I did have some awful tests to see if it was anything weird causing it. I sure do have an idea what you are feeling like. you poor little sausage you must try to rest...Linda xx

Anonymous said...

Hi Lahoma;
I really hate to hear all that you've been through.  I'm worried about you.  Can I call you?  I wish Cameron would show more compassion and your boyfriend too.  Incredible what you went through.  Wish I'd have been there with you at the hospital.  There's no way they'd have gotten by with that!  Gum chewing nurses!  Professionalism completely gone out the window.  I bet it was just a CNA.

Love you and miss you,
Nelishia

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry that everything is happening to you at once.
I can understand that with all that is going on, you had no patience left to deal with the nurse.  If you run into problems like this again, contact the hospital social service department, instead of checking yourself out.  Certinally, going without liquids all day is an abusive and upsetting situation.   Sending well wishes and prayers your way.     Dawn     A Couple of Nomads

Anonymous said...

As usual I never get your new entry alerts, no matter how many times a set and reset it......grrrrr! Boy do we know how the other one feels don't we? We are a fine pair! lol lol lol