Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Home, again.

Just got home today from spending another week in Ruby Hospital and hopefully, my last round of chemo. I go back I think on the 24th for a follow up. If the results from that are good, we move on to the next step (transplant) in 6 to 8 weeks.


500 matches have already been found on the National Registry and those must be narrowed down to the closest match they can find.


The first three days in the hospital I slept and never left my room.


Today, I feel great! It's all gloomy outside and I love it! As long as I'm home.


The photo's above will look much better if you click on them and view them larger. I was snapping pics as Robert was driving. I don't think I did too bad. I wanted to show you guys how the trees are changing here. It gets so pretty in the fall.


 

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh I love the scenery, I have to show these to Joe he loves mountains. He used to go upstate New York for the mountains. Funny that we are living in a place that's flatter than a pancake lol.  I love the mist rising above the hills, just beautiful..makes me think of the song Shendoah. Are you still in West Virginia? Save your strength, gain a little weight and we will keep praying...love, Sandi

Anonymous said...

Welcome home Lahoma! It must be good to be back...you did well with the pics...sheeesh! mine come out blurry even when Im still! spoil yourself... love n hugs Linda xx

Anonymous said...

Loved the photos.you did great taking them...
I am so glad that you are home..and am happy thsat they have found 500 matches!!! YAY!!!!
Now take care of yourself and eat good, ok?
love ya,
carlene

Anonymous said...

Wow! Its beautiful there! I remeber very well driving through the mountains when we were going to visit my father in law. I was freaking out because it was so dark. I had never been anywhere that dark in all my life!! UNBELIEVABLE!
I am happy that you are home and feeling so good today! Thats a good sign that you are fighting this like before and I KNOW you will win this battle again.
Lahoma, I cant get over them finding so many matches for you.
How long will you be in the hospital after the surgery?
I love you and am praying for you.
Kim.

Anonymous said...

They don't let you play the Sims in the hospital?  ::G::
Glad you're home.
Stacy

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

I'm pleased that things are moving in the right direction, Lahoma. Enjoyed your fall pics!

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Post again soon.  I miss you.

Nelishia
http://journals.aol.com/nelishianatl/PrayingandBelieving/

Anonymous said...

Well, hello there, stranger!!!!  LOL  Long time, no hear from!  I thought you closed all of your blogs out, or went private; that's why I haven't been over here!!!  

Well, I am glad that you are home, and that you are fine, considering the circumstances!!!  How's your son?  I still have his pictures saved to my computer, you know! LOL  

If you still have my e-mail address, drop me a line sometime!

Love always,

Adrian