Sunday, September 2, 2007

Yum...nothin like an ice cold country time Lemonade.

I think it's a lil funny that when I make a journal entry that is "Religious" themes I rarely get comments. I often wonder if it's because people just don't wanna know or what the deal is.


No biggy, just something I'm curious about. I know that I am on a Christian mailing list and the Author often goes overboard with the very long emails. LOL Gotta love him and his commitment and faith though.


We'll be leaving again tomorrow for Morgantown. I'll be staying for five to seven days to get my (hopefully) last round of chemo. Some of you have asked whether or not anyone could be tested outside my family. The answer is YES! Anyone can be tested.


If anyone is interested, drop me an email and I'll give you all the information you need. I'll need some info from you too. But, if you don't feel safe giving it to me, you can always give it to the nurse that will be contacting you, that is, if you decide to be tested.


Doc says that after I finish this last round of chemo, I won't have a lot of time to play around with. That we'll need to find a donor ASAP.


I wanna thank everyone that has shown interest and concern from the bottom of my heart.


God Love you Bless you all.


This Hickman Catheter they put in yesterday is being a real pain in the arse. I don't remember it hurting this bad before and I certainly don't remember it making me cough, being short of breath or feeling like I'm being stabbed in my lung. I can't even lean on or lie on my left side.


I called my Home Health Nurse earlier and asked if she would be coming out tomorrow morning since it was a Holiday and she said no, that it wasn't in her orders. But, if I needed something she would gladly come by. I told her the problems I was having with the hickman. She asked if it had been bleeding and I said yes. So, She'll be out tomorrow. WooT!!


I don't know if they are all like that but the two that take turns coming out to see me are nothing less than angels. They are so sweet, concerned, and compassionate. I'm not used to being treated like that so they often make me cry. (pity party) LOL


One of them is named Flora and I love her to death. She nicknamed me sissy and that makes me feel like the biggest ole baby. In a good way! LOL

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

I wish I could be tested for you, Lahoma.  Unfortunately, with all of my med problems, I can't even donate blood.  God bless the ones who come forward to be tested.  It will renew my faith in people (esp. those online).  

I'm okay with religious posts.  I read them, tho' I may not always agree with the content because it conflicts with how *I* believe.  Usually, in those instances, it is best not to comment rather than risk being viewed as trying to influence people to believe the way I do.  You on the other hand...we've discussed religious differences before and have had HEALTHY debates about some of the stuff.  Thing is...in the end, no one really knows what belief is truly "right".  We don't find that out until we meet our Maker.  JMHO on that...

Beautiful pics of you and Cameron.  Gosh, amazing how his facial features are turning more man-like.  Don't you just wish we could keep them little forever?

Love you and good luck on the last dose of chemo and potential donors.  

Sheila

Anonymous said...

I don't know what to tell you, I just want you to know that you are in my prayers everyday Keep your chin up, there are bound to be better days ahead, and yes I had a home care nurse that was an angel also, they sure do help you get thru the rough spots, don't they.  God Bless....gg/Jackie

Anonymous said...

Your entries on religion dont bother me in the least. Some people may not know what to say about them, or choose not to because religion is so personal to alot of folks, I think.
I will do what I told you I would do in our emails. I will be calling your nurse on or around the 6th of September.
Lahoma, you are SOOOOOOOOOO tiny!! My goodness , girl! You are so cute sweetie. I love these pictures. And Cameron! WOW, he has turned into a man. I cant get over that boy. He has slimmed down or shot up in height, one of the two. His face looks slimmer, and he really looks good.
I gotta go. Jim is into the strawberry pie! I gotta get me a piece before he eats it all. lmao!!
Take good care of yourself for us. You are gonna beat this thing. I never ever have thought any different, and nobody can convince me otherwise.
I love you lil buddy.
Kim.

Anonymous said...

Lahoma....I love coming here and reading your journal...
Your son has grown into a young man, hasn't he? I love his smile!!!
I am praying for you ...
love ya,
carlene

Anonymous said...

I think most people have already made up there mind where they stand from a religious perspective. Consequently they display very little interest in the beliefs of others. Also, religion is such a personal thing.
http://journals.aol.co.uk/acoward15/andy-the-bastard

Anonymous said...

''pity party'' lol If anyone is entitled to that you are! That Hickman Catheter sounds extemely unpleasant you poor little thing...your nurses sound so lovely Lahoma...I don't ever know how to comment on religious items as I am not religious but I promise you I always read it! lots of love and big big hugs Linda xx

Anonymous said...

((Lahoma)) Religion is such a personal thing, all I know is that I have been praying for you and Kim so hard...God should have a headache from me. I wish I were younger and in better health, I would try to see if we could match. Hopefully a donor will be found soon honey. love you...Sandi

Anonymous said...

You know I'm praying for you and love you to pieces.  You've been 'Sissy' to me for a long time, but I mean like family.  
Love,
Nelishia

Anonymous said...

My mom starts chemo tomorrow.  I thought I hated that word... chemo.  But you know what it means don't you?  It means 'hope'.  Love you like a sister, Dorn~