Saturday, August 4, 2007

been a while

I finished my second round of chemo a few days ago, been home almost a week. I was given a bag every 12 hours for seven days. I wanted to make an entry before I left but the phone lines had been down for two days. Verizon sucks in this area. I had them when I lived in Virginia and never had a problem.


It wasn't that bad being in the hospital alone this time.


When I came home a port a potty was sitting on my porch. I found out that a Dr. Bill ordered it for me. To my knowledge I've never met the man and I surely don't need a port a potty. The bathroom entrance in my bedroom is only about six feet away from my bed.


The day after I got home I had to sit in our local hospital for six hours getting platelets. I was in a horrible mood and took it out on the nurse in training because I told her the blood pressure cuff was too tight and she just stood there looking at me.


She never came back.


I go back to Morgantown on the 8th to meet with Dr. Craig for an evaluation.


My white cell counts and platelets stay very low. Dr. Ahmed thinks I'll need another blood transfusion by the time I see him Monday because the red cell count was low too. The guidelines were changed and what was considered too low before isn't now. I don't understand their logic.


I was finally approved for Disability. The Leukemia diagnosis is what they approved me by and they only gave me back pay from the time I was diagnosed, March thru July. So, I didn't get much. Not even enough to get me a better vehicle. Which I need really bad.


But, I'm soooo thankful for the extra income.


They (Dr's) have a home health nurse coming out to the house twice a week. I thought by her coming I wouldn't have to go to the Doctor quiet as often but I was wrong. My CBC has to be done twice a week, Mondays and Thursdays. So, the nurse's flush my lines, checks my vitals, changes the dressing on my central line, and talks with me. They're nice ladies.



 


See the red on my chest? That's where Dr. Ricky yanked the dressing off and took some of my skin with it. I didn't think it was funny!


I'm back up to 120 pounds. :)

No comments: