Friday, August 31, 2007

Drive By Photo's

Robert and I left yesterday afternoon for Morgantown. Just before dark a terrible storm came up and the rain was coming down so hard you couldn't see the road. A lot of people, including us, pulled off the road for safety.


I love staying at Hotels, the fancier, the better. Although, I have yet to stay in a "real" fancy Hotel. But, I have stayed in some nice ones. Winngate Inn is one of my favorites just because they have huge rooms.


My next favorite is the Waterfront, downtown Morgantown. The waterfront view is awesome!


Last night we stayed at Euro Suites, for FREE!! Not only do they have nice rooms and a bed to die for, but their windows actually opened. That's a big plus for me cause I have to have fresh air. And check out isn't until 1:00 PM! Too bad I had to get up at 5 am for surgery. :(


So, today they took out the central line that I've had in for over two months and was so very tired of. They replaced it, on the opposite side with a Hickman Catheter and boy, oh boy, is it ever sore and painful. And ever since I woke up from the anesthesia, I've been coughing and OMG, that really hurts.


I tried to get a few pictures a long the way but Robert wouldn't stop the car, so I only got a few worth loading. Hope you enjoy them.


Oh, and I have no idea who the kid on the bus is. He just wanted his pic taken. We were sitting at a red light! LOL


I suppose I have officially been placed on the National Donor List since my brother flat out said he didn't want to be bothered with it. That's OK, his choice, and one he will answer for later.


I've been thinking about getting a physical therapist to come out to my house and put a fire under my butt to make me get up and get in shape. But, it is just in the thinking stage as of yet. hee hee


I'm a privateperson and it's hard inviting strangers in your house, but I'm getting over it, slowly!


I'm thinking someone called my Dr's office and reported that I am being mistreated at home. I had Cameron with me. It was his first time going and the nurse asked me if he was my boyfriend. After I told her he was my son she asked flat out, "Lahoma, Are you being abused at home"? I was so shocked I couldn't say anything for a minute then I blurted out NO! Then she says, "How come I don't believe you"? I was so uncomfortable and I could feel my face burning, but she let it go at that. Or, at least I hope she did. I now wish I had asked her where she had gotten that idea from.


I can honestly say that, NO, I am not being physically abused.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The nurse should have NEVER asked you that in front of ANYONE!!!!  What a doofus!

As for your brother, I can't believe he backed out and other than saying that, I'm speechless.

I'm jealous of you staying at a Winngate.  I belong to some travel club thingy and Winngate is one of the motels but we don't have any around here!!!  Not in Ohio either!  Anyhow, I rack up points every time I stay at one of these motels and eventually get a free night out of the points.

Is coughing a side effect of the Hickman cath?

Love you and hang in there my friend!
Sheila

Anonymous said...

You are getting good with a camera...love the photo's.  I know you are fighting so hard, I keep praying for you and Kim too.  You two have so much strength it is amazing..I love you and hope that you will heal...love, Sandi

Anonymous said...

Lahoma...what in the world made her ask you that ??? Have you been having excessive bruising or something? The next time you go back, just tell her that this has been bugging you and you want to know why she thought that!
Does it have to be a blood relative to give you the bone marrow?
Take care..
Love ya,carlene

Anonymous said...

Lahoma this is Jackie my journal is called Do You Remember, I just went back in my archives and read a comment you made, I was so new and green I didn't know anything and you were kind enough to help me out by telling me about clicking on click here for alerts, I was wondering why I never got back to you, maybe I tried but I am so glad I got that nudge from somewhere to go back tonight and I found you, I will keep you in my prayers and pray that you can find a donor real fast, I am a cancer survivor myself, so I know how you can get that feeling of being alone sometime, please get well soon, and I will put you on my alert list.  God Bless, keep a stiff upper lip, He is always there for you.
gg/Jackie