Friday, August 10, 2007

Blessings


 


On Monday I went to my Oncologist office for blood work. My white cell count was .7 and my platelets were .4. Both very low. Dr. Ahmed said I needed another transfusion so he ordered blood and platelets. They come from Roanoke, Va. so I had to wait until Tuesday but be at the hospital as early possible. Tuesday came and I was later than I wanted to be getting to the hospital because I had to go by the Jr. National Guards Special Forces office to drop off papers for Cameron.


The Dr. had originally ordered two bags of blood and six bags of platelets but I ended up only getting the blood and three bags of platelets. Which was fine with me because I had already sat there almost 9 hours and I had an early appointment in Morgantown the next day. We had planned on leaving early and spending the night in Morgantown but that didn't happen.


We did leave early the next morning though only to not even make it to Morgantown. We had just come into Chapmansville when we came upon some debree (sp) in the road that looked like large hunks of rubber from truck tires. To keep from hitting it, Robert tried to straddle it and it turned out to be a piece of metal that ripped holes in the gas tank (emptying an entire tank of gas in less than 30 seconds) and the exhaust. Luckily we were on a hill and the car coasted to a speedway where Robert called a garage to come get the car.


The owner of the garage came out to tow the car. He said we were blessed by the Lord on that day because the gas tank could have easily exploded. SCARY!


He fixed the gas tank and when Robert asked him what he owed him, He said, "I don't know how you feel about the Lord, but God Bless you both." And didn't charge us a penny! WOW!


He told us where to go, to get the exhaust pipe fixed and that cost $40. By the time it was all done and over with we were hot and exhausted from being out in the heat for about four hours so we ended up getting a room and crashing in the AC for the rest of the day.


I guess we were blessed in many ways that day. 


Cameron got to fly in a C-130 troop carrier yesterday. He said it was fun until they went to land then his stomach went up into his chest and he almost puked. LOL 


I've been eating a lot of fatty foods trying to gain weight. It's not working and my skin is hanging off me like an 80 year old woman's!!!!! OMG! I could cry every time I look into the mirror!  What the hell can you do about saggy skin???


 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh Lahoma haven't been getting your alerts now I know why. Drink skim milk it is supposed to help pull in the skin after loosing a lot of weight. Still reading through your entries...love ya...Sandi