Friday, November 10, 2006

First entry

I've wanted to start this first entry for some time now but couldn't. I can't stand for anyone to read over my shoulder.


I set my new computer and desk up in the dining room and right behind me are the table and chairs. It's also where Robert sits, whenever he's sitting.


I can't get a minute of privacy unless I do it while he's sleeping. Like now! LOL


Well, I kinda missed keeping a journal and since I couldn't really be me in a public one, I figured I'd try private again and be particular of who I allow to read it.


It's not like I have any big secrets. I'd just like to be able to write about my simple life without getting ridiculed.


I've had a cough for over two months that I can't get rid of. I've taken two different antibiotics and nothing has worked.


My landlord knows how easily I catch colds and things so he called yesterday to tell me that his kids and wife has a stomach virus and he wanted to warn me and for me to stick the rent on the outside of the door so he didn't have to come in direct contact with me.


And I was scared to death it would either blow away or someone would steal it. LOL


I've started my Christmas shopping. Thank God for lay away!


Anyone remember me bitching about the landlord taking my (it's really his LOL) kitchen island for his own home? Well, Robert bought me another one. :)


For the past several months Robert's been getting work done to his car. A few days ago he paid over $200 to get the passenger side mirror replaced. The very next day he backs out of the driveway, hits a pole and breaks the mirror off again.


Why do men get mad and take it out on the car when they screw up? Are they all like that?


After he calmed down he was so pitiful I couldn't help but feel sorry for him. He said he almost cried. I probably would have!


This was Cameron's first year of not going trick or treating. He wanted to but I told him he was too old. He's 16! Then later I told him he could go if Franky, our neighbor went. Franky didn't go and I knew he wouldn't. He had told me earlier that he was staying home so he could talk to his GF on the phone. heehee


We didn't have any kids come by, again! Oh well, more candy for us!


Ever notice the older you get the faster time seems to go by?
There's only 50 some days left in this year.


 


 


 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am SO glad you are writing again. I truly miss you LaLa, You are like family to me.  I'm puttomg you on my alerts so I won't miss a thing. I know what you mean about someone watching what yo  do. Makes ,e kinfa nervous.  Especially when I'm painting or  drawing.
NELISHIA
http://journals.aol.com/nelishianayl/WISHINGANDHOPING/
http://journals.aol,com/tsalagiprincess1/JumpingOffTheDEEpEnd/  

Anonymous said...

I had to go private and drop out of the vivi's after being ridiculed...isnt that a bitch? That anyone would have the TIME to mess with us?
I am tickled you started a new journal and honored you have included me. I would have just went OFF if i had accidently broke that mirror after paying all that $$.
Love,lisa jo

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Lah Lah!!! oh  my goodness, I am so happy that you are back to journaling!
And yes, I do know how you feel about being ridiculed for writing about your life. Thats why if I journal again, it will most definitely be private.
I have missed reading about your daily goings on....
Poor Robert, thats a bummer, i feel so bad for him. I cannot get over Cameron being 16 years old already. sheesh, where has the time gone?
I hope that cough goes away soon, thats a long time to have it.
ya know, I miss reading Lisa Jo's journal too now that she has gone private. It seems like everybody is thinking of doing the same thing. I cant blame em a bit.
Gotta run, just got off work.
Love you muches, and bunches lil buddy.
Kim.

Anonymous said...

Welcome back!  BTW, I had problems viewing your journal at first, but I guess a lot of people with private journals have been having problems.  According to the MagicSmoke blog, everything should be fixed now and I was able to read your entry without any problems.

LOL...You should've had Cameron dress up and tell him to walk around the outside of your home, each time, stopping at the door to ask for candy.  He'd get the trick or treating out of his system and you'd be able to say that you had visitors!

Love you!
Sheila

Anonymous said...

Hi Lahoma! I am here already! welcome back to journalling. It will be nice to read you again. I had a great fear of being ridiculed as well! my son had a stubborn cough a while back and the doc prescribed homeopathic pills, they took a while to kick in but did work! I can't remember what they were called. hope it's better soon....wasn't that nice of your landlord to warn you of their bug? oh I feel for Robert, I have had that with my mirrors being nicked as soon as they are fitted. I have none now! again! good one what you said to Cameron about trick or treating! lol Linda xx
http://journals.aol.co.uk/lindachapmanuk/metamorphing