Thursday, November 23, 2006

Happy Turkey Day

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!! I hope your day was filled with the people you love and lots of good food.


It was just the three of us again this year. No one I invited wanted to come. Their loss! We had a great meal even if Robert waited too late to start the turkey, again. I think next year I'll do all the cooking.


I told him last night to put the turkey on as early as he possibly could because I wanted to get everything else in the oven and done in time for us to eat and I could still have time to go visit with family.


He didn't get the tukey in the oven until well after noon and we didn't get to eat until 7 pm. So, I've been a grouch all day. :) Oh, and I told his Mom that for Christmas, I wanted her to come get him. She said, "send him C.O.D.".  


Cameron and I put our lil Christmas tree up today. Only took a few minutes since it's just 4 ft tall.


My sister is on her way here from Ohio. Cameron and I'll be meeting up with her at our cousins house tomorrow and seeing my neice and her daughter for the first time in 11 years. I'll take lots of pics. Or, at least I hope to. I've had a bad feeling ever since this was planned and there has been certain topics brought up that my sister isn't comfortable with. Like her lying.


Then I found out today that my cousin knew nothing about my sister planning to come in and stay with them or the fact that we were all planning to meet up at my cousins house. She never called to see if it was ok or anything. So, cross your fingers for me and hope this all goes well. When you get drunks together like my cousin and sister, anything could happen.


 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Turkey Day!!

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you that all goes well with meeting up with your niece.... at the very least you will get to see her! Even if all isn't going well with your sister, try to make sure your niece stays in touch with YOU and Cameron!
http://journals.aol.com/astaryth/AdventuresofanEclecticMind
http://adventuresofaneclecticmind.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Damn, are we related? this visit you are going to have ought to be one for the books to remember....i wish you great luck. I am just glad today is over.....i hate the holidays..one more to go!
LOVE,lisa jo

Anonymous said...

Happy Turkey Day Lahoma!
OMG, I am stuffed. We ate really late this year too and now, I am miserable! But, happy, lol!!
Hey, just enjoy the time you have with your neice and ignore the other stuff that goes on. She needs to see that you have some class and some dignity. Because you do, and once she sees that, she will be proud of you and wont think badly of you, as she will the rest of the bunch, I betcha. I cant wait to hear what happened. It wont surprise me, somehow, if you end up blacking your sister's eye,. lmao!!
I am delirious, its time to hit the hay.
Love you bunches ladybug,
Kim.

Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving, Lala!  Glad you all had a good meal even if you ate late.  Robert just hasn't converted to the Southern ways, has he?  He needs to learn that holiday meals are usually served  before 3 p.m.  I think when my grandparents were alive, Thanksgiving dinner was at 1 p.m....and you ate all.  day.  long!!!!

I hope the meeting with sis and the other family members goes well under the circumstances.  Keep us informed!

Love,
Sheila

Anonymous said...

omg! you must have been starving! glad you enjoyed your thanksgiving meal though.....I hope your meeting goes ok, you must all be nervous...look forward to hearing about it....Linda xx
http://journals.aol.co.uk/lindachapmanuk/metamorphing/