Saturday, November 11, 2006

Fish and Babies


My Grandma used to say, "it's raining like pouring piss out of a boot." Meaning, it's raining hard. That's what it's doing here now and it just started about 30 mins ago. Before that, it was a beautiful warm sunny day that begged the windows to open.


We weren't allowed to call our Granny anything that sounded like Grandma. We were to call her Mommy or MommyNay. Her youngest daughter, (my aunt) Janice is the same way. I don't understand it. I'd be proud to be a grandmother, as long as it doesn't happen before I am at least 50.  : 0)



A while back in the journal I deleted, I had written about dreaming of fish and that MommyNay always said, " SOMEONE'S GONNA HAVE A BABY" if you dream of fish. I had told Robert about the dream and about the pregnancy theory. (sp) He scoffed and made fun of it. Well, about two, maybe three weeks later Janice called and said Dewayne (her son) and Tonya were gonna have a baby.


Robert still laughs and say's "ya'll are silly."

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

One of these days, that Southern Woman Wisdom is going to bite him in the hiney!  LOL!  I feel for him when it does!

Love,
Sheila

Anonymous said...

I love your grandmas saying about the rain, LMAO! Im proud to be a nanny! I love it! Linda xx

Anonymous said...

I'm rotten, I'll comment on being 'late' when Dickidoo pisses me off, I love to see him squirm up a sweat!

Anonymous said...

Oh i believe all those superstious things......i have never heard of the fish/baby thing but now i will remember it. My grandma Jessie never onced allowed anyone to call her grandma..it was Jessie.
love you,
lisa

Anonymous said...

Men!  They don't get strong women sometimes.  I'm snatching graphics like crazy in this entry.  Is that ok? lol. Lala, I think of you every day.  I've heard the expression about hard rain all my life, and superstitions, well, I'm still working on trying to avoid the beliefs that I grew up with. lol  I never tell an intelligent person to their face outloud that don't believe like I do, that they just broke some unspoken rule.  Their bad!
NELISHIA
http://journals.aol.com/nelishianatl/WISHINGANDHOPING/
http://journals.aol.com/tsalagiprincess1/JumpingOffTheDeepEnd/

Anonymous said...

LOL! I was raised up with all those wives tales too, but, they arent false tales.
I heard about the fish/baby one as well, but, never had that dream.
Lah Lah, Your granny sounds like she was really a character, and ya know what? The apple didnt fall too far from the tree, when it comes to you! :)
It was raining here so bad this morning , when I was driving to work, that I almost had to pull over! Sheesh! It has stopped now, but they are hollerin' about snow, on the weather now. (Thats all I need) lol!
I want to say again, how happy I am that you are back to journaling. I love to find out whats going on in the "HOUSE OF LAH LAH" :)
love you lil buddy,
Kim.