Sunday, November 19, 2006

The prayer quilt in the photo above was sent to me by my friend Wayne who I've known online for about four years or longer now. He, along with his wife and daughter made it for me and prayed over each block.


I love it.


For those that don't know, When I mention Robert, he's my companion and Cameron is my 16 year old son.


When Cameron does something wrong, like take the truck and wreck it, Robert treats me like I'm the child being punished.


I can't even put into words how that makes me feel. :(


13 years ago my sister Vanessa had a baby girl she named Aimee. She and Aimee lived with me from the time Aimee was born up until she was almost three years old. Then my sister left, moved to another state and gave Aimee up for adoption.


We hadn't seen or heard from Aimee since, until a few days ago I got a call from my cousin who said, "Guess who's standing in my living room?"


It was Aimee and she wanted to talk to me and Cameron.


When they lived with us, her and Cameron were like brother and sister. He took care of her when her mommy couldn't or wouldn't.


I'd come home from working third shift and Vanessa would be gone. My (ex) husband had to be at work two hours before I got home and the kids would be there by themselves.


Cameron told me one morning that Vanessa locks Aimee in her room and leaves her there. Then when he gets up, if Vannesa is gone, he'd let Aimee out and they'd have breakfast and watch TV together.


She was 2 1/2 and he was 6.


I came home too many times to find them alone.


That's why she took Aimee and moved away. She said she couldn't live with me because I was too controlling and bossy. 


Aimee lives in NC now with the family that adopted her. She's happy and beautiful but like anyone else who was given up for adoption, she has lots of questions. I gave her Vanessa's phone number.


First time Vanessa talks to her in all these years and she lies to her.


Vanessa had another baby a few months ago. She went the entire 9 months without any pre natal care. When the baby was born, they discovered that Vanessa had been using during her pregnancy and she never got to bring the baby home.


She told Aimee that she had a baby, but it was conveniently with a sitter each time Aimee called. Why would a new born need to be with a sitter outside the home? Especially since Vanessa doesn't have a job. Why even tell her about the baby if she's gonna lie about it?


But anyway, Aimee has called here every day since we got back in touch. Her and Cameron would talk for hours if I let them. We're gonna go see her either Wedsday or Thursday.


I stole some pics of her from her myspace page. (see above)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aimee is gorgeous......you are such a decent person.....and she remembers that....i cant wait to hear how your visit goes. Your sister sounds like she has not learned from her mistakes and how awful for her to lie to her daughter even now.
LOVE, lisa

Anonymous said...

that quilt has a lot of love in it! I'm so glad your neice found you again!

Anonymous said...

she is so buetifull .and so is the quilt ......... Ican see why your so sad. I cantbelive how stupid some mothers can be , I swear why notget fixed  right away then even bother bringa child in the world you  know your not going to want . Its good she is in a good home . Icant imagene how messed up that baby is going to be from drugs in the systme . I swear people dont think and  I t brings me to my bumpersticker I have . were it says stupid should hurt .......... there is so muchmeaning in to that fraze,,,,,,,,,,well girl I hope it gets better ...... Im off agian . Im not on much .and when Iam Im fight ing mycomputer ., time to get a new one if only I could lol . love you girl

Anonymous said...

the quilt is lovely and all that love that went in to it......sorry about Robert making you feel bad I think that's a man thing! aw....that was such a sad story about Aimee! omg! soon you will meet up! she is gorgeous, you must be very excited to see her again.....she had a tough life but she must be dying to see you and Cameron! Linda xxhttp://journals.aol.co.uk/lindachapmanuk/metamorphing/

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

I absolutely love the quilt!  That was very nice of him and his family to make it for you.

Aimee is very pretty and I'm glad that somehow she was able to get into contact with you and Cameron.  I bet you're happy for that as well since I seem to recall you telling me that you had a niece out there that you wanted to contact.

As for the sister, that is a difficult one.  I'm sure she didn't want to portray herself as some junkie who doesn't know what birth control is.  But would she have done that for her benefit or your niece's?  

I guess the big question is - are you going to set Aimee straight on the lies or are you going to let the burden be on your sister?

Love you!
Sheila