Saturday, December 30, 2006

Dumbass biased Doctors

I went to the doctor last week and was told that I have walking pneumonia. I ended up in the ER yesterday and the doctor on duty was a total ass. They wanted to admit me but I walked out. He told me I didn't have pneumonia and that all my health problems were caused by smoking. That includes my diabetes, my high blood pressure and all of my cancer diagnosis. I'm sure, No, I know smoking contributes to it but I know good and well it didn't cause it. They even said my veins were destroyed from smoking. That's when I really got pissed and told them that my veins are destroyed because of nurses not doing a proper job of sticking them and also the fact that they have been poked so many times from the chemo treatments.


I was in so much pain I was bent over walking and I heard one of the nurses ask the doctor if he was ordering me any pain medication and he said with a snotty tone, "No, why should I give her pain medication when she's gonna walk out the door and fire up a cigarette"?


In my opinion, that's none of his damn business and it's his job to make me as comfortable as possible. Am I right?


Anyway, Remember a few entries back I mentioned a cook book called White Trash Gatherings? Well, I made a chicken and dumplings recipe from it tonight and Robert said it was the best he'd ever had. Made me feel right good! LOL


I thought today was new years eve and I started taking our Christmas tree down. I had all the ornaments off of it before I realized today is the 30th! @@ Now it's sitting there almost naked with a few strands of lights left on it. LOL Poor thing!


Here's a pic of Cameron that made me laugh until I cried.



PS- those aren't really his teeth! He'd have braces if it were, even if I had to hock everything I own. LOL

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Be careful with the pneumonia....it can get worse really quick. I dont want you in pain and feeling sick. I love the pic of Camerson. That cookbook sounds awesome, really. Maybe you can put up some recipes sometimes.
love you,
lisa jo

Anonymous said...

THat recipe book sounds soooo good.  I'm totally cracking up about you taking down the tree.  Sounds just exactly like something I could possibly do.  I am VERY concerned about the pneumonia.  I wish I could send you enough anti-biotics.  The DR. is stereo typical WV.  BUTTHEAD.  Go to bed and get some rest.  I love you.  Take care.  I know your immune system is not what it should be after the chemo.

NELISHIA
http://journals.aol.com/nelishianatl/WISHINGANDHOPING/
http://journals.aol.com/tsalagiprincess1/JumpingOffTheDeepEnd/

Anonymous said...

You best take care of you!
Ohhhhhh lets get a side by side with Cameron!  LOL  Great shot!
hugs
d

Anonymous said...

That doctor needs to be reported.  Did you know that pain is a 5th vital sign?  As such, any and all reports of pain are to be taken seriously, and one of your patient rights have been violated.  If he didn't want to treat a patient that smokes because of his own personal beliefs, he should have asked another doctor to treat you.

Anonymous said...

Send along that recipe girl! lol I love Chicken and dumplings!

Anonymous said...

LMAO at Camerons pic! he he!! That doctor is out of order inflicting his bully boy opinions on you when you feel so bad. how dare he! That must have been upsetting. Please try and spoil your poor self a little! Linda xx
http://journals.aol.co.uk/lindachapmanuk/metamorphing

Anonymous said...

I AM IN TOTAL AGREEMENT WITH "JUJUMARTINI". WHAT AN A**HOLE! I GOT 2 SISTERS WHO ARE R.N.'S AND HE FOR SURE SHOULD BE REPORTED AND YES HE DID VIOLATE YOUR RIGHTS, LET ALONE WAS A RUDE PRICK WHO SHOULDN'T EVEN BE IN ANY TYPE OF DOCTORING AT ANY LEVEL!!
YOU TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF AND GO BACK VERY SOON IF YOU DON'T GET TO FEELING BETTER!!!
LOVE YOU,
~LISA~