Monday, December 11, 2006

An interesting way to help

 A New Jersey woman who wants to send Silly String to U.S. troops in Iraq to help them detect trip wires is accepting donations of money to help cover costs. The U.S. Postal Service will not ship the aerosol cans by air.
    Checks can be made out to St. Luke's Church, 55 Warwick Road, Statford, N.J. 08084.
    Shriver also is collecting names and addresses of soldiers and Marines in Iraq who may need Silly String. Suggestions should be sent to
ron101abn@comcast.net. - Associated Press

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I saw this on the news......our soldiers are soooo smart! I dont know what it is with your journals....I put them on alerts, I get the alerts for awhile then they always stop..........damn AOL! lol lol lol

Anonymous said...

I saw the news story on AOL about this.  In the story, they said that the Army learned the trick from the Marines.  Of course, I had to send that to Dad. :)  I thought it was a very innovative idea to check for trip wires.

Anonymous said...

You know, I saw the thing about that, but didn't go on to read the full story, and wow, that's a pretty brillient idea for Silly String!

What would be better of course, is to have the soldiers HOME.