Sunday, December 3, 2006

Dwelling

It's so hard not to dwell on the past and loved one's who are no longer with us during the Holidays.


The car still isn't home but now, they at least know what's wrong with it. The air conditioning pump locked up. Cameron and Robert are gone now to get the part they need and hopefully put it on. if not, it goes into the garage tomorrow.


I spent the entire day yesterday at my aunt Janice's house and then way up into the evening at my aunt Debbie's house. It was a nice visit with them both.


Found out Janice's son Dewayne and his GF are having twins. They determined from the heartbeats that one is a boy and one is a girl. The entire family is ecstatic! There's been twins and even triplets in the family before but it was many, many years ago.


One set of twins were my cousins. Both boys. One was named Phil and the other was Rex. Both committed suicide but at different times and years apart. Phil hung himself when he was 17 or 18. Rex shot himself in the head in his late 20's.


Both events were terrible but I'll always remember Phil's death because his family was neighbors with my grandma and the day he hung himself we all went over to see what was going on and I saw him lying in the floor gasping for breath or something. My granny called it the death rattle.


I sat by him while my granny gave him CPR. It didn't help.


His death was later investigated as a murder. Allegedly his step father killed him but he was never found guilty.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG that is such a sad story and how awful for you Lahoma to be there.aw....that is so sad....both your cousins too.....Im so sorry about that....Linda xx
http://journals.aol.co.uk/lindachapmanuk/metamorphing

Anonymous said...

WOW Lahoma, thats terribly sad about your cousins. I wonder sometimes what people are thinking right before they take their own lives. I wonder how bad things could possibly be for someone, not to want to live anymore. And especially at such young ages. How awful. I bet that never leaves your memory, sitting there by your cousin like that. I am so sorry for you. You have had so many things happen in such a short span of time.
I had the same thing happen to my truck with the air conditioning unit going out, and I believe Jim just took the belt off for the winter, and it ran just fine. Not sure, but, I could ask him if ya need me to. let me know.
Love you kiddo, and I am happy that you are getting out and spending time with your family.
Kim.

Anonymous said...

Good Lord...what a horrible thing for you to have to be a part of and see and for it to happen at all! I hope your car is fixed and working now. I know the stress well of a car not working.
Love,lisa

Anonymous said...

Not having a working car is a horrible stress.  That is one of the worst memories.  Sorry you had to witness that.  If it's any comfort to you, and you probably know this, that the death rattle takes place not as they are dying, but after they have passed.  It's just air escaping out of the lungs.  It took me awhile to get through all of my alerts just to find you'd made another entry and there we were writing back and forth to each other.  Wish you'd have said something.  I'd have popped over earlier.  Oh well, I found you now.  At least you know I always come over for a journal visit.
NELISHIA
http://journals.aol.com/nelishianatl/WISHINGANDHOPING/
http://journals.aol.com/tsalagiprincess1/JumpingOffTheDeepEnd/

Anonymous said...

i HAVE NOT BEEN GETTING THE ALERTS FOR YOUR JOURNAL! I THOUGHT YOU HAD QUIT WRITING! LOL OK..SO I AM CAUGHT UP NOW.GLAD YOU GOT TO GO TO SEE YOUR AUNTS . LORD, YOUR COUSINS WERE YOUNG,  BUT THEN AGAIN YOU DON'T HAVE TO BE OLD TO GET DEPRESSED... A YOUNG FRIEND, OF MY KIDS, ONLY 13 OR SO, COMMITTED SUICIDE A FEW YEARS AGO...
I AM SO HAPPY YOU ADDED THAT LINK TO THE EMAIL! THANK YOU HON!!!
LOVE YA,
CARLENE