Sunday, February 4, 2007

a wandering eye

My aunt Janice and I were talking and she got on the subject of some country music singer that she thinks is good looking. She asked me if I thought he was too and I said, I don't know who he is. She then goes on to tell me how good he looks and what she'd like to do to him, sexually. I said, Now Janice, what if that was Alfred (her husband) talking about another woman like that, wouldn't you get mad? She said, Yes, but what he doesn't know won't hurt him. I said, Now you're starting to sound like him and how many times have I seen and heard you go off over him saying, what you don't know won't hurt you?


She said, "That's different"


And I said, "No, it isn't."


She then says, "You mean to tell me that there isn't a man alive that looks so good to you that every time you see him it makes you wanna just have your way with him?"


I said, other than Robert, No!


She says, "What's wrong with you, are you dead?"


So I say, No, I'm not dead. I see men that I think are attractive but that doesn't mean that I have to stare at them or lust after them, or fantasize about them. I have a man who loves me and does everything he can to make me happy whether it be sexually or not. So, why would I need to lust after someone else's man or any man for that matter? Especially one I know I'll never meet, let alone have.


Men do the exact same thing to women, their girlfriends and wives. And we get upset about it, some even leave and end the relationship.


Anyway, the point I was trying get across to her was why spend days and even weeks arguing and fighting with her man for doing the exact same thing she was doing and all she could say was, it's different when she does it.


But, it's not different. The only difference is she catches him doing it and he doesn't her.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

YOU ARE 100% RIGHT LAHOMA. :)
LOVE YA,
CARLENE

Anonymous said...

aw that was nice of you to stick up for him Lahoma...I cannot stand it if I am with a man who looks when I am with him, it's so rude! I don't do it and I don't expect it done to me...although when I am on my own ...maybe a little peep...you can look at the menu when you are on a diet! lol Linda xx

Anonymous said...

Very good points. Right on! I never lusted after another man when I was married.  Now, as a single gal, I certaintly have had Brad Pitt around a few times,lol. Whats really cool, is you let her know your a woman satisfied and grateful. Wandering eyes need to hear that wisdom. ~Raven