Sunday, January 28, 2007

I finally got the nerve up to post a recent pic of my ugly mug in the about me section. Any and all negative comments are not welcomed. LOL


If you could save one animal from extinction, which one would you save? Myself, I'd wanna save the Florida Manatee. They're such gentle graceful creatures. There's too many animals to choose just one though. I wanna save them all. Could you imagine an ocean without whales? How sad would that be? Go check out the humpback ballet. www.ngm.com/0701


I was watching a show on TV last night and it showed the body of a whale that had died recently. Well, the divers decided to document on how long it would take the ocean scavengers to clean the carcass. It took 18 months and still there was flesh found in the skull.


Gross, but interesting.


 I love mangos and today I learned a new way to eat them. Street vendors in Mexico put a ripe mango on a stick and then peel it. They then score it into sections (on the stick) and sprinkle the fruit with lime juice, chili powder and salt. They go for $1.


When you eat a grapefruit do you put salt or sugar on it?


Check this out. In New York-Newark, NY-NJ-CT urban area, there's 185,000 more single women than men. WOW!


And in Los Angeles-Long Beach-Santa Ana urban area there's 40,000 more single men than women.


In one of the National Geographic articles I was reading, it said that by the time I would finish the magazine article, an area of Brazil's rain forest larger than 200 football fields will have been destroyed.


That makes me so sad....


 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's about time you put a picture of you up!! and your'e lovely! I loved both those sites and have saved them to my favourites...I don't know which animal I would choose, they are all so nice...I was surprised the whale lasted 18 months I would have thought it would be eaten before that! mind you , they are pretty huge!...loved the mango idea...I have sugar on grapefruit...salt?, never heard of that before!...think I would choose Long Beach then lol...aw that was sad about the rain forest...Linda xx

Anonymous said...

Intersting stuff here Lahoma!
When I eat grapefruit, I eat it with noting on it! lol And I onkly like the pink ones!
That is so sad about the rain forest....when will we ever learn???
love ya,
carlene

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

He's your EX for a reason! And as far as people who are just plain mean they are SOOO lacking something in their life that they have to try and make other people miserable to feel better about themselves. Your a good woman Lahoma...don't let them bother you.

Anonymous said...

Ugly Mug?...I know you put LOL after it but just to say this and without saying it just cause its like this nice thing to do, but because this is ALSO true.........pretty face....pretty face.....in real time missy...~Raven