Thursday, January 11, 2007

Sweet Tea and Snow pics

This is the 4th time in three days that I have tried to post an entry. Each time I go into MY PICTURES and save a photo, AOL shuts down causing me to lose everything. I finally gave in and used note pad to save my entry before adding the photo's. Good thing cause it shut down again.


Got another post card from Dawn today and it's beautiful! Gulf Coast, Wish I was there!!  Thanks Dawn!


A few days ago we woke up to a heavy snow. It started at 8am after Cameron had left for school. By noon he was walking down the driveway. School had let out early because of the weather and the bus wouldn't bring the kids up on the mountain. Which is a good thing but no one knew to go pick their kids up so they had to walk 2 plus miles up the mountain, depending on where they live, to get home. Plus it was snowing and we had strong winds. Luckily Cameron caught a ride.


A cell phone would be nice in times like that.








 


Our local WalMart allegedly had a bomb threat a few days ago. I couldn't find anything about in the online papers. So whether it's true or not, I have no idea. But I heard that the employees had to stand in the parking lot from around 7pm until after midnight, in the cold, while they searched with dogs for a bomb they never found.


If someone you know that is a good decent person is becoming friends with someone else that you know is not a good person, (drama whore, evil, liar, and two faced) would you say anything to warn the decent person?


I wanna warn them, but I don't wanna get involved either. Been there before and regretted it in the end.


If it was you, would you want me to warn you or mind my own business?


 


                      Southern Sweet Tea Recipe


Boil 4 cups water to hard boil. remove from heat and add 2 or 3 family size tea bags until dark. Luizzane (sp) is best since it doesn't cloud as easily in cold water. Add 1 cup of sugar. Stir, add 4 cups cold water. Serve over ice.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would want you to warn me.....definitely and sort of lightly! If we were already friends, then I would believe you.....love the cute lil ole snowman lol....that is a worry those kids coming home early in that weather and the parents not knowing....that would anger me! yep, mobile phones have their good points I guess! Linda xx

Anonymous said...

i would want you to tell me even if i was mad or hurt. If we are real friends i'd get over it eventually.
I love the pics...wow, that is ALOT of snow.
I always always have my car keys on my person when i am at work. Why? Because of just what you wrote about...if there is any situation, like a bomb threat and they wont let me get to my purse in my locker, i can go to my car and leave if neccasary.
love ya
lisa

Anonymous said...

If Its me, you better tell me! lol! But seriously, yes, I would want you to tell me because we are real friends, and I trust you with my life. I think you know that already though. And if ya dont, I am telling you now. :)
I love love love that snowman, Lahoma! I wish I was there right now with you to enjoy that view off your back patio. Absolutely gorgeous!
Hows come, after allllll this time, and allll the recipes we've shared, didnt you give me this recipe for the sweet tea? You would not even believe how many people come into my restaurant asking if we serve sweet tea. Now if they ask, I can tell them that I know how to make it!
Thats terrible they made all those folks stand out in the cold that long. They are gonna have alotta people calling in sick, I betcha.
I have no idea in this world what is causing your problem with the pictures. Is there a chance that livehelp would know?
Okay, nuff from me. lol!
Love you bunches,
Kim.

Anonymous said...

I would want you to warn me...but somefolks would take it wrong....You know what they say."love is blind" lol
love ya,
carlene

Anonymous said...

Beautiful COLD photos...lol. I would say it like this to your freind...Hey, I just want to give you a heads up about so and so. Take it or leave it. But, you would not be a true friend if you did not try to protect her. Just my 2 cents. Bam
http://journals.aol.com/reconcilinglife/reconciling-life/

Anonymous said...

The pictures are beautiful.  But, I'm sorry Cameron had to hike up the hill like that.  The snow sure is beautiful, though.  I would want you to give me your opinion on this person, your experiences with whoever it is.  That would help me make my decision.  A lot of people won't listen, though, no matter what you tell them.  But at least you tried to warn them.  I'd tell you.
deb
http://ramblingsfromtheoutsideofnowhere.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

YES! I MOST DEFINITLY WOULD WANT YOUR WARNING. FOR ONE REASON, I TRUST YOU & YOUR OPINION AND I KNOW YOU WOULDN'T LIE ABOUT ANOTHER PERSON BEING TROUBLE. YES, THAT IS BEING A TRUE FRIEND TO SOMEONE.
I JUST LOVE YOUR CUTE LITTLE SNOWMAN!!
LOVE YA,
 ~LISA~

Anonymous said...

Ahhhh, here is the entry I thought I missed.  LOL!  Again, it depends on the person.  It takes a lot of maturity to tell a friend, "Thanks for letting me know.  I'll keep that in mind" in light of telling them that someone might not be a good friend to them.  Most people get on the defensive and would accuse you of "just being jealous that I'm talking to her."  

I love the pic of the mini-snowman!  I love to look at snow.  I love heavy snows when everything is quiet and the trees are covered.  Unfortunately, I can't take the cold that goes with it, people who don't know how to drive in it, and I don't like looking at the dirty slushy stuff after it has snowed and been plowed.  Thankfully, it won't be too long before Spring!!!!

Love,
Sheila