Sunday, January 28, 2007

Just thinking

I've read several journals where the authors were putting other journalers down for writing about their problems from their past or how they go on about their children messing up, or what angels they are, or their husbands being unfaithful, or just things that happened to them as a child that they're having a hard time letting go of. Like getting abused or molested.


I was molested as a child and as a teen by more than one male and female relative. If I was smart enough, I could write a book on how I feel about that.


I've read lots of journals where I didn't agree with the author, but I didn't attack them or try to make a mockery of them. Most of the time, I just moved on.


Even the journalers that write about happy stuff get accused and harassed for "lying" or "pretending" to be happy when they aren't. How asinine is that? How do these people know that a person they've never met is lying?


I've read a few journals where I thought something fishy was up and found it hard to believe them, but not once did I go to their journal and call them a liar. That's their business and they're the ones that will be held accountable for their wrong doings. They don't need me or anyone else to judge and condemn them. Don't you think?


To me that's what keeping a journal is all about. Being able to write your feelings, fears, etc. And everyone wants to be accepted, some go the extra mile to be "popular" but that's a whole nother entry. LOL


Well, that and getting comments. I'm not ashamed of saying I love comments. I'm a self acclaimed comment whore and it would hurt my feelings to spend a lot of time on an entry and then not get any comments. But hey, I'd get over it. Comments are encouraging and lots of times I would have quit journaling all together if it wasn't for a comment or an email I'd received.


I could easily write a sob story entry each time but I've been burned so many times that now I write a lot of boring crap and not really including a lot of my personal and problems from the past or present in fear of rejection or ridicule. Even now with this private journal, the fear is still there. You just never know when someone's gonna take something wrong. (Has happened a lot) Or use one of your revealing entries to make a mockery of you.


Several times I have written entries to only seconds later get an email from someone asking if I was talking about them. Since there name wasn't mentioned or to my knowledge they had done nothing to me, then why did they think I was talking about them?


A few years a go I wrote about someone lying to me. Well, I had a lady email me calling all kinds of names, and leaving comments saying I was ungrateful. I was so upset I just emailed her back saying I never knew she had lied to me and that she should be ashamed of herself for jumping the gun and insulting me in my journal without coming to me first.


I don't like drama, unless I'm not included, then I just eat it up. LOL I know, I'm terrible, but why lie? That doesn't mean I like causing it, I just enjoy following it. And, I know that even though they won't admit it, a lot more do too.


Some of you know this. I'm 38 years old now and when I was 28 I was diagnosed with an advanced aggressive cancer. The same kind that killed my Mother when she was just 32. Well, I was so distraught that I let my husband (now ex) make all the decisions for me. (BIG MISTAKE) I only had cancer in one breast but my husband and Dr felt that since I was considered high risk, I should have both breast removed.


I did...


Then less than a year later my husband left me for a much younger woman who in return left him after finding out how he did me. What blows my mind is how she found out cause I know he didn't tell her the truth.


Another thing he did was, I could have had breast reconstruction. He had a great job with benefits that covered 80% to 100% of our medical bills. I'd never gone through this before, I didn't know what his insurance covered, I didn't know what questions to ask, but a few months after being diagnosed and learning that I could get my breast redone, He gets fired for lying to his bosses, telling them he had to miss a lot of work to care for me. When the truth came out, he wasn't caring for me, I thought he was at work. His work thought he was caring for me, when he was really having an affair with a 15 year old girl (her mom approved) and was caught by one of the big bosses while they were out partying. I guess that boss didn't take too kindly to being lied to. I later heard he ripped the Ex a new butthole for not being at home with his sick wife. 


Even now years later he tells everyone he lostthe best job of his life because I had cancer and he had to stay home and care for me. Real winner, huh?


I can't even begin to tell you what losing my breast and my husband did to me inside. I'm over him now, but I not over the cancer, the surgery, and the fact that I can never, ever again feel comfortable being naked in frot of a man.  Shoot, most times I cry just looking at my own naked body in the mirror.


I think it was last year, or maybe the year before, a few people were accusing me of faking the cancer story. So, I got out my camera and posted pics of my bare, breast less, scarred chest in my journal. So many people were shocked, but did it shut them up? Oh yea! But don't you know I still had a few people say they were disappointed in me for letting those idiots push me to that point. Oh well, I wasn't ashamed (too much) and it worked.


I'm rambling and my chicken alfredo is calling my name.


til next time... :)


 


 


 

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

First, my heart hurts for what your ex did. He will pay someday in some way. I think you are true blue, which is my words for honest and real. A huge part of me lost my way when the damn VIVIs came out and some dude ran me out of public J Land and out of those awards and i had to go private. I KNOW alot of people get sick and tired of hearing the same old Lisa Jo got raped and had drunken parents story and in MANY subtle ways will say "just move on and get over it" in my comments. I see red and want to  delete those J Landers from my life but i dont. There ARE some real assholes and whacko's in J land....but there are many many more REAL people that i love and care for than the bad.
I am trying to do what i preach, which is say what you FEEL and what you WANT in YOUR journal. Dont lose your way.
I hope someday, somehow you can get reconstructive surgery.
Love you,
lisa

Anonymous said...

Don't you sometimes wonder about those people who just have to say something mean or cutting or rude?? I always just want to point at the little red X up there and say "Hey, you don't like it -- click here!"  But, I guess that would go against a lot of people's 'human nature'.... I'm like you, if I find myself doubting a person, or don't care for the journal... I just hit the X, never return, and get on with my life!

Oh, and your Ex? He's a jerk and Karma will someday kick his butt... It may not be today, or even tomorrow, or even in this lifetime... But, what goes around comes around!!  

Anonymous said...

Bloody hell Lahoma! no wonder I had to choose between a comment or 'trowel' up this morning! what a long entry! I feel so angry for you...It is terrible when other journalers have to bitch about things...they don't have to read it and the idea of a journal is to be true to yourself! not wonder what every whacko out there is going to think...it's such a shame you get those 'types' always out for trouble...I realise how lucky I was when I read about you being molested and awful things like that, I do wonder what these perverts feel when the helpless child becomes an adult with that memory of them...lmao at you being a comment whore! I guess we all are that! hehe! I can't believe what a w****r you ex was, makes mine look quite tolerable! Thank god he had a decent boss who took your side and kicked his butt. I find it weird that 15 year olds mum encouraged it! useless woman! When I win the lottery I will buy you surgery!! Love  Linda xx

Anonymous said...

awwwwwwww Lahoma I hurt for you......I really, really do.......I feel so sorry for the little you that got molested, sorry for the teen you that got molested, for the young adult you that again got abused by your chitty husband....God, what some children have to go through ....what some women have to go through....all we can do is ask God to help us hold on until we can know the answer to it all....I love ya Lahoma.....and I hope the good Lord blesses you somehow...
love ya,
carlene

Anonymous said...

Hey Lady, I love your new picture.  And I'm not just saying that so you won't delete my comment either!
I hate that some people feel they have the right to express their opinions regardless of who they might hurt or offend.  May the warm winds over the sewage plant blow their way!  I haven't been accused of lying in my journal mostly because I suppose not many people would lie about farting and other such things.  And my kids are so rotten only a mother could love them... so nobody messes with them either.
But the real issues in my life, the stories that  could hurt those I love if the wrong people were to ever hear them... those never go into my journal.  Somethings just aren't meant to be shared with the world wide web.
Love you always,  (but you know that!) Dorn~

Anonymous said...

GOD LOVE YOUR HEART LAHOMA! YOU HAVE BEEN THROUGH SO MUCH. JUST REMEMBER THIS QUOTE "WHAT YOU PUT INTO SOMEONES'S LIFE WILL BE PUT INTO YOUR OWN".
I LOVE YOU!
~LISA~

Anonymous said...

Crying........crying......OH MY...I am soooooooo frickin sorry you went through all of this........just blows my mind how people can be without a conscious and he reminds me of my Ex. A blank person whose patholocial. Believes his lala land as truth. Its like insanity around people like that. My girlfriend had both breasts removed. It took her months to grow enough skin to have implants but she loves it. Will you consider this? I know you have thought on this many times but I dont know anyone whose regretted it. My girlfriend went on that show extreme makeover. She wrote them a letter and had that done, face lift , the works and all for free. If you shared this story you would win girl. Consider it, please? The doors are all there. Knock.....k?..Sending you love from a true genuine place....~Raven